Research Development hosts a variety of events to engage the Northwestern research community in emerging hot topic areas in research funding, provide agency-specific guidance on securing funding, and encourage interdisciplinary networking. Click below to access materials—including presentations, reports, participant lists, and more—from our past events.
ORD Presents are tutorial workshops to provide in-depth information and guidance about specific funding agencies or grant types, often including open panel sessions with previous awardees or presentations by program managers or agency directors.
- NSF CAREER Workshop 2019 (4/8/19)
- Limited Submission Early Career Research Programs (10/17/18)
- Army Research Laboratory Human Research & Engineering Directorate (2/23/18)
- Argonne National Laboratory Biosciences Seminar & Networking (7/13/17)
- DARPA DSO Director Dr. William Regli (5/10/17)
- NSF CAREER Workshop 2017 (5/3/17)
- IARPA Director Dr. Jason Matheny (4/7/17)
- Shared Instrumentation Grant Workshop (3/22/17)
- NIH K Awards (11/30/16)
ORD LINCS (Launching INterdisciplinary Connections Series) are mini-symposia related to a topic of federal funding that feature short presentations by faculty to catalyze ideas and collaborations in emerging interdisciplinary areas. Through LINCS symposia, ORD aims to promote anticipated federal funding opportunities, bridge communicationbetween schools on a federal agendcy initiative, transfer knowledge between disciplines, and establish new interdisciplinary connections.
Interschool Networking events to build grass-root collaborations, such as speed networking sessions, to encourage networking across schools/campuses and micro-conference days focused on interdisciplinary themes with short presentations, a poster session, and brainstorming activities.